SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS AND PAYMENTS
MFEI SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
This scholarship application is open to Bay Area high school seniors in the Oakland Unified School District, the Pleasanton Unified School District, children of employees of the Port of Oakland, Black young men graduating from any high school in the 9 Bay Area counties and continuing undergraduate college students. Completing this application places students in the pool for all MFEI awards for which they are eligible. These awards may include, but are not limited to, the College Bound Brotherhood, all Port of Oakland awards, Clorox Partners Awards, and many others.
*Note if you are a continuing college student you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Graduated from an Oakland Unified School District public or charter high school in last 3 years
- Completed the most recent FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application by the March 2nd priority deadline
- Currently attend a four-year institution, two-year institution, non proprietary institutions, or trade/technical program with plans to continue in the Fall
- Graduated from a San Francisco Bay Area high school in last 3 years (Black Young Men applying for College Bound Brotherhood Scholarship only)
Application Opens: September 1, 9:00am PST
Deadline: March 2, 11:59pm PST
Making A-G Real Multimedia Scholarship Application
This application and scholarship contest is open to high school seniors in district-run public schools in the Oakland Unified School District. For an overview of the application and award process for this scholarship, please see this graphic.
2017 Application is closed.
GET YOUR MONEY
Scholarship awards are paid out to students in two payments every year in the Fall and Spring. Scholarship awardees are required to complete the form below in order to receive their money. You will need the following documents when completing your form:
- Financial aid award letter from the financial aid office of the college/university - the letter should show your financial aid awarded for the full academic year
- “Official Verification of Enrollment” bearing the university seal and stating your enrollment status as a full-time student. This document is available from your college Registrar or Admissions Office
- Most recent Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA or CA Dream Act application for the following academic year
- Official transcript, showing first semester/quarter grades
- Update Letter: A 500-750 word letter briefly describing your experiences, successes, and challenges in college to date. You are encouraged to write about significant or memorable events that shaped this past academic year
- A headshot photograph of only you. Please note, your photo may be used on our website or any social media network administered by MFEI.
Fall Form: September 1 - September 30
Spring Form: March 1 - March 31